What Is It?
Working with the Essex Employment and Skills Board we continue to invest in the local skills pipeline and training provision; addressing shortages, future needs and enabling greater quality homes and accelerated delivery by developing a highly skilled workforce.
What Are We Doing?
- Skills evidence base, report and labour forecasting
- Expanding outreach and employer engagement
- Comprehensive secondary school outreach programme
- Construction sector awareness marketing and information campaign to breakdown misconceptions and promote breadth of opportunity
- Influencing curriculum and educational provision including:
- Supporting the development and provision of Town Planning Degree Apprenticeships
- Promoting and supporting Design, Engineer and Construct qualifications in schools
- Investing in future skills provision to support green energy, high quality house deign and modern methods of construction.
- Supporting the bidding for external funding to support the sector including:
- European Funds for an ‘innovation hub’ located in Essex, supporting the SELEP
- Construction Skills Fund, for on-site training hubs
- Supporting and enabling adult entrants by providing pop-up shops to inform those not in education, employment or training and career changers; investing in VR to upskill offenders; enabling Building Heroes to support ex-military servicepersons.
- Working with our FE sector to address tutor shortages
Key Links For Further Information
Essex Construction Growth Commission (Mace) report
Essex Employment and Skills Board
The Essex Careers Guide