What Is It?
Working with the Essex Employment and Skills Board we continue to invest in the local skills pipeline and training provision; addressing shortages, future needs and enabling greater quality homes and accelerated delivery by developing a highly skilled workforce.
What Are We Doing?
- Skills evidence base, report and labour forecasting
- Expanding outreach and employer engagement
- Comprehensive secondary school outreach programme
- Construction sector awareness marketing and information campaign to breakdown misconceptions and promote breadth of opportunity
- Influencing curriculum and educational provision including:
- Supporting the development and provision of Town Planning Degree Apprenticeships
- Promoting and supporting Design, Engineer and Construct qualifications in schools
- Investing in future skills provision to support green energy, high quality house deign and modern methods of construction.
- Supporting the bidding for external funding to support the sector including:
- European Funds for an ‘innovation hub’ located in Essex, supporting the SELEP
- Construction Skills Fund, for on-site training hubs
- Supporting and enabling adult entrants by providing pop-up shops to inform those not in education, employment or training and career changers; investing in VR to upskill offenders; enabling Building Heroes to support ex-military servicepersons.
- Working with our FE sector to address tutor shortages
Key Links For Further Information
Essex Construction Growth Commission (Mace) report
Essex Employment and Skills Board
The Essex Careers Guide
Construction Skills Presentation 15 May 2018
Construction Skills Presentation 15 May 18